Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#8331 closed Bug/Something is broken (fixed)

fatal error on final step of drupal install

Reported by: https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss Owned by: https://id.mayfirst.org/jamie
Priority: Medium Component: Tech
Keywords: lang-en drupal_install Cc: historiCUSS
Sensitive: no

Description (last modified by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss)

trying to install drupal via the Control Panel to one of my sites, untilnow.org, after clicking to submit on the final Configure Site step, I got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function field_attach_load() in /usr/local/share/drupal-7.26/includes/entity.inc on line 316

site has drupal header image but says

Page not found

The requested page "/" could not be found.

site error log has these recent entries:

[Thu Jan 23 22:30:23 2014] [error] [client 66.249.66.171] File does not exist: /home/members/historicuss/sites/untilnow.org/web/robots.txt [Fri Jan 24 21:06:29 2014] [error] [client 46.4.48.68] File does not exist: /home/members/historicuss/sites/untilnow.org/web/robots.txt, referer: http://untilnow.org/robots.txt [Fri Jan 24 21:36:53 2014] [error] [client 67.149.236.45] File does not exist: /home/members/historicuss/sites/untilnow.org/web/favicon.ico [Fri Jan 24 21:36:53 2014] [error] [client 67.149.236.45] File does not exist: /home/members/historicuss/sites/untilnow.org/web/favicon.ico

I cleaned my web directory manually and got the default: Welcome! This is the future home of the untilnow.org web site. Then tried a 3rd time to reinstall

the web application tab shows 3 hard errors from install attempts and can't be deleted. red alert says: If the status is set to hard-error please notify support.

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss

on 4th attempt - drupall install finally seemed to work.

On my control panel, it still shows 3 hard errors which I can't delete. I don't think it significant but hey...look what I got to think with!

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/dskallman

  • Owner set to https://id.mayfirst.org/ross
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Looping Ross in to take a peak at this.

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/ross

Hi Glen,

I'm not sure what happened. I've removed the hard errors, but it does not look like your current web app is listed in the control panel. Thus, eventhough you have a drupal installation, it did not seem to work the way it was supposed to :-(

I'm not sure what the best course of action is here. I'm going to do some testing and see if I can reproduce this bug.

~/ross

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/ross

  • Owner changed from https://id.mayfirst.org/ross to https://id.mayfirst.org/jamie

I just ran a test and sure enough the installation did not work correctly. The hosting order d7testing.deleuzer.net left a hard error in my control panel as well, even though the standard drupal install screen seems to be displaying.

I'm going to assign this to jamie, I think these are new problems related to fixes done in #8277.

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/jamie

I think this is still a problem. The work-around is to delete any /tmp/drush directories left on the server. Once those are deleted, the install completes properly.

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/historicuss

  • Cc historiCUSS added

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/jamie

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

At last, I think this issue is finally fixed (on chelsea, we need to still push out to all servers).

I fixed two different issues that would cause intermittent problems:

  • The drush command that runs the install didn't set any environment variables. That causes problems with the selection of a cache directory. drush depends on either $HOME to be set (in which case $HOME/.drush/cache is used) or $USER is set (in which case /tmp/drush/$USER is used). If neither is specified, /tmp/drush/cache is used (technically it's /tmp/drush/$USER/cache, but without $USER, well, you get the picture. Now, we set $HOME. This smells like a drush security bug.
  • drush parses the db setting url as an url (e.g. mysql://user:pass@host/dbname). If the password has a slash or a colon in it, then parse_url returns false. Our database passwords are randomly generated and can have both. I've fixed red to ensure we don't have those characters.

Please login to add comments to this ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.