Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#8273 closed Bug/Something is broken (fixed)

Drupal core available translations do not appear in Localization update 7.x-1.0-beta3

Reported by: https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam Owned by: https://id.mayfirst.org/ross
Priority: Medium Component: Internationalization
Keywords: GRIP-UQAM drupal7 l10n_update chelsea.mayfirst.org Cc:
Sensitive: no

Description

Drupal core available translations do not appear in Localization update 7.x-1.0-beta3 Translate interface on page /admin/config/regional/translate/update

% translate on /admin/config/regional/translate is also very low.

.../web$ ls -l profiles lrwxrwxrwx 1 sosterritoireweb sosterritoireweb 34 jan 11 01:17 profiles -> /usr/local/share/drupal-7/profiles 0

https://localize.drupal.org/translate/languages/fr

There is no drupal.f.po in /profiles/standard/translations/ but from what I remember from previous fench drupal install on systems other than MayFirst, it is not needed, localization update should be able to download it.

Attachments (2)

admin_config_regional_translate_update_2014-01-30.png (154.5 KB) - added by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam 5 years ago.
/admin/config/regional/translate/update
admin_config_regional_translate_update_2014-01-30_mysql.png (165.4 KB) - added by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam 5 years ago.
/admin/config/regional/translate/update

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

  • Keywords GRIP-UQAM drupal7 l10n_update chelsea.mayfirst.org added

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/dskallman

  • Owner set to https://id.mayfirst.org/ross
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Thanks for the ticket gripuquam,

Am looping Ross in to help with this issue.

Thanks,

Dana

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

I could check again if this can or cannot be a PostgreSQL issue.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/ross

Hi gripuquam,

I think what you want to do is copy and then remove the symlink to profiles on your drupal installation in your web directory. Once you've done that, you should be able to add whatever profiles you need to add.

Does this help?

~/ross

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

Hi ross,

I am perplex. I do not understand why I should add a profile? I do not understand what does it mean "copy and then remove"? Does it mean, I have to backup and then remove? So I may just rename profile to profile_orig? I tried to rename profile to profile_orig but reverted because no effect.I then completely removed the link profile and emptied cache twice without any change. So I reverted to initial situation.

The big question is why some modules see their translation updates and others (including core) not?

Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

/admin/config/regional/translate/update

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

/admin/config/regional/translate/update Sorry I do not know how to have it made in english. "Aucune traduction disponible trouvée" means no available translation found. I know it exists because I see it on other websites, hosted on other servers with MySQL.

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

On a Debian 7 development server, I set up 2 drupal one with sqlite and another with mysql both have the same bug as the previous one. Now my new hypothesis is that the php version 5.4 may be considered to trigger the bug.

Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

/admin/config/regional/translate/update

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

/admin/config/regional/translate/update Bilingual testsite so I can show it in english. Exact same problem with MySQL as previously seen with PostgreSQL. The bug appeared even with the minimal number of modules used.

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by https://id.mayfirst.org/gripuqam

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to feedback

The problem suddenly disappeared. I do not understand how. A slight page layout problem is still present on the translation page (/admin/config/regional/translate/update), but there is no more any consequence for website users.

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by automatic

  • Status changed from feedback to closed

No news is good news (we hope)! Given the lack of feedback, we think this ticket can be closed.

Please login to add comments to this ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.